I spent weeks dreading a meeting that took approximately five minutes to remind me why I had been dreading it in the first place.
Funny how you can spend days preparing yourself for every possible emotion—anxiety, anger, sadness, maybe even a little nostalgia.
Then the person walks in…
And nothing.
Just… oh. You’re here.
Instead, it was mostly practical things, polite silence, and the kind of interaction that makes you wonder whether you accidentally became a stranger while nobody was looking.
And honestly?
That hurt a little.
Not because I wanted anything back.
Because apparently, after sharing so much of a life with someone, I still expected the bare minimum: basic human decency.
Maybe that's the part I wasn't prepared for.
Not seeing him.
Seeing him and realizing how little I felt.
I spent weeks fearing the moment.
Turns out, the moment was the one that should've been afraid of me.
Now I'm getting coffee and pastries.
Because apparently that's how this chapter ends today.
Not with closure.
Just caffeine and carbs. Honestly, I'll take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment