My last period was in April 2026.
Then… nothing.
April. May. June. July. August.
Four months of absolute silence.
I thought, Okay. Maybe this is it. Maybe my uterus has finally resigned without bothering to give me a notice period.
Then last Sunday—
SURPRISE. 🩸
My period came back.
Because apparently my reproductive system enjoys plot twists.
It barely lasted five days, and yesterday I was still getting those lovely little brown spots.
Now I’m sitting here thinking…
Is this actually my period?
Or have I officially entered perimenopause?
Because I’m 44, and honestly, nobody warned me that getting older would involve this much detective work.
My body: Here’s some blood.
Me: “Is this normal?”
My body: Figure it out.
Thanks. Very helpful.
I already have enough uncertainty in my life. I really didn't need my uterus joining the committee. 😂
So… to the women around my age—
Have you experienced this?
Months without a period, then suddenly a short period followed by brown spotting?
Is this perimenopause knocking on the door…
Or is my uterus just being dramatic one last time before retirement?
Either way, apparently my body has entered its “No explanations, just surprises” era.
And honestly?
I’m tired. 😂
No comments:
Post a Comment