I think I need an exit plan.
Not a dramatic one.
Not the kind where I suddenly disappear, move to another country, change my name, dye my hair, and become a mysterious woman who drinks wine on a balcony overlooking the ocean.
Although… Honestly, that does sound pretty good. 😂
No. I mean a real exit plan.
An exit from this mess I've been living in for the past year.
An exit from the financial chaos. From the emotional exhaustion.
From the endless overthinking. From feeling stuck.
From waking up knowing there are things I need to do but somehow not having enough energy to actually do them.
Because I know I can't stay here forever.
I know something has to change. And I've been thinking about that change for a long time.
I've made plans in my head.
I've imagined different versions of my future.
I've thought about getting a job overseas.
Getting financially stable again.
Paying things off. Rebuilding my life.
Starting over somewhere new. Getting my independence back.
Having a normal life again.
It all sounds so good when it's inside my head.
Then reality shows up.
And reality says: “Okay. Start.”
And suddenly my body is like: Absolutely not.
😂
This is the part I don't understand.
I know what I need to do. I know that nobody is going to magically come and organize my life for me.
I know that waiting isn't going to make things better.
I know that I need to take the first step.
Just one. But sometimes even that one step feels enormous.
Sending an application feels enormous. Making a phone call feels enormous.
Sorting through documents feels enormous.
Looking at my finances feels enormous.
Starting something I've been avoiding feels enormous.
And before I even begin, I'm already exhausted.
It's like my brain has already lived through the entire process and decided: “Nope. Too tiring. We're done.”
Thank you, brain.
Extremely supportive. So how do I get out?
That's the question I keep asking myself. How do you climb out of a hole when you're already exhausted from being in the hole?
How do you rebuild your life when the person who needs to rebuild it is the same person who is barely holding herself together?
I wish there was an emergency exit.
A giant red button that says: PRESS HERE TO RESET YOUR LIFE.
I would probably press it immediately.
Unfortunately, life has terrible user experience.
No reset button. No undo. No Ctrl+Z.
Just consequences and character development.
And frankly, I think I've had enough character development for one lifetime.
😂
But maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.
Maybe the exit plan doesn't have to be perfect.
Maybe I don't need to know exactly how I'm going to get from where I am now to where I want to be.
Maybe I just need to know the direction.
Out. That's the direction.
I don't need the entire staircase.
I just need the next step. And maybe that next step can be ridiculously small.
One job application. Not ten. One. Open the document.
Update one section of my CV. Send one application.
Then stop. Tomorrow, do another.
Maybe that's how people actually rebuild their lives.
Not through one massive heroic decision.
But through hundreds of tiny decisions that don't look important at the time.
One email. One application. One phone call.
One task. One hour. One day. Then another.
Maybe eventually those tiny things become momentum.
And maybe momentum is what I actually need.
Because I've been waiting to feel ready.
Maybe I won't. Maybe I have to start while I'm tired.
Start while I'm scared. Start while I'm overwhelmed.
Start while I'm still figuring things out. And maybe that's okay.
I don't have to feel powerful before I take the first step.
Maybe taking the step is how I become powerful again.
That's difficult for me to accept.
Because I keep thinking: Once I feel better, I'll start.
But what if it's the other way around? What if I start…
and then slowly begin to feel better?
What if action comes before motivation?
What if I don't need to feel confident?
What if I just need to be stubborn?
I can do stubborn. I've survived this long. 😂
Maybe that's the thing I need to remember.
I'm not starting from nothing. I'm starting from experience.
From everything I've survived. From everything I've learned.
From every mistake. Every disappointment.
Every terrible decision. Every night I thought I couldn't handle another day.
And yet… I'm still here.
So maybe I can take one more step. Not ten.
Not a hundred. Just one. Then tomorrow, another.
And maybe someday I'll look back at this version of myself—the exhausted, overwhelmed, slightly broken woman sitting here wondering how the hell she's supposed to get out—and I'll realize:
She did it.
Not because she had a perfect plan.
Not because someone rescued her.
Not because suddenly everything became easy.
She just kept moving. Slowly. Messily. Imperfectly.
But forward.
Maybe that's my exit plan. Not escaping my life overnight.
But rebuilding it one small piece at a time.
And maybe I don't need to know exactly where I'll end up.
I just need to make sure I'm no longer standing still.
So tomorrow… One thing.
That's it. One thing.
And if I can do that, maybe I'll do another thing the day after.
And another.
Until this giant impossible mess becomes a collection of smaller problems that I can actually handle.
Maybe that's how I get out. Not by finding the perfect exit.
But by finally taking the first step toward the door.
Even when I don't feel like it. Even when I'm tired.
Even when I'm scared. Even when my brain is screaming,
“Let's just stay in bed and pretend none of this exists.”
No. Not today.
I've spent enough time surviving.
Now I want to start getting my life back. One tiny step at a time.
And maybe that's enough for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment