Sunday, 30 August 2026

My Brain Has 50 Tabs Open and I Can't Find the One Playing the Music

 I think I really need to write.

Not because I suddenly have something wise or profound to say.

God knows, if you're looking for wisdom, you may have come to the wrong place.

I'm currently operating with the emotional stability of a browser with fifty tabs open. Maybe sixty. And somewhere, something is playing music, but I have absolutely no idea which tab it is. So naturally, instead of closing the tabs, I've just been staring at them for the past year.

Excellent strategy. Five stars. Would not recommend. 😂


But that's honestly what my brain has felt like. Noisy. So damn noisy.

One thought opens another thought. Then another.

Then suddenly I'm remembering something from ten years ago for absolutely no reason. 

Then I'm thinking about him. Then my marriage. 

Then the things he said. Then the silence. Then September.

Then my future. Then my job.

Then the fact that I haven't even properly started my job hunt yet.

Then money. Then my family. Then my friends. 

Then the AI video I wanted to make. Then the drafts I made.

Then the fact that I still can't find where the hell I saved those drafts.

Then suddenly it's 2 a.m., and I've accomplished nothing except mentally reorganizing my entire existence. Again. 😂 


Exaggerating? Maybe. But honestly, that's what the last year has felt like. One giant emotional browser with too many tabs open and not enough RAM. And I think if I don't start writing this down, my brain might actually start charging me storage fees.

Because where exactly am I supposed to put all of this?

The sadness? The anger? The embarrassment? The fear?

The loneliness? The disappointment?

The hope I keep trying to kill but apparently keeps coming back like a badly written horror movie sequel? 

What do I do with all of it? I honestly don't know. 

And that's the problem. 

I don't even know what I'm feeling anymore.

Am I sad? Probably.

Am I angry? Sometimes.

Am I heartbroken? Maybe.

Am I over him? Possibly.

Am I still hoping for something? Unfortunately, occasionally.

Am I tired? Oh, absolutely. 

That one doesn't even need a discussion. 

But sometimes I feel all of those things at once. And sometimes I feel absolutely nothing. Which is probably even stranger.

I can think about something that once completely destroyed me and just sit there. No tears. No dramatic music.

Nothing. And then, on another day, something completely stupid will trigger me.

A memory. A song. A random sentence.

Someone mentioning marriage. And suddenly, my brain goes:

“HELLO. Remember that emotional trauma we saved for later?”

No. I did not ask to access that file. Please close the application. 😂

But apparently, emotions don't work like that. You can't just right-click and delete them. If only.

My life would be so much easier if I could organize feelings into folders.

ANGER — dealt with.

HEARTBREAK — archived.

EMBARRASSMENT — permanently deleted.

UNRESOLVED ISSUES — ERROR: FILE TOO LARGE.

Yeah. ounds about right.

Maybe that's why I need to write. Because this past year feels like one long black hole.

And sometimes I'm scared that if I don't document what happened inside me, I'll never understand how I got here.

How did I become this version of myself? 

How did my life become so quiet? How did I stop talking to people?

How did I become afraid to reach out to friends?

How did I go from making plans for the future to being terrified of opening my own email?

How did I end up feeling like I'm watching my life instead of actually living it?

When did that happen? And more importantly… 

How the hell do I get out? Because I don't think I can escape this black hole by pretending it isn't there.

I've tried. Apparently ignoring problems does not make them disappear. Shocking. 😂


So maybe I need to face them. Not all at once.

I'm not trying to have a complete emotional collapse before breakfast. But maybe I can take one memory at a time.

One feeling. One terrible decision. One regret.

One thing I wish had gone differently. One thing that hurt me.

One thing I survived. And write it down.


Maybe I don't need to make sense of it yet. Maybe I don't need to know whether I was right or wrong. Maybe I don't need to decide who was the villain. Maybe there isn't even one.

Maybe sometimes life just becomes a mess because people are messy and hurt people make decisions while they're hurting and nobody comes with a bloody instruction manual.

Although, again, that would have been useful.

Congratulations on your marriage! Please read pages 46–72 before emotional disaster occurs. 😂


Maybe I need to stop expecting myself to know exactly what I feel.

Because honestly? After the last year, I think I'm emotionally tired.

Maybe my feelings are tired too.

Maybe they're all sitting in a waiting room somewhere, holding little number tickets.

Number 38: Anger, please proceed to the counter.

Number 39: Grief, please wait.

Number 40: Random hope that makes absolutely no sense, what the hell are you still doing here?😂


Maybe one day I'll understand all of this. 

Maybe I'll look back and see a pattern. 

Maybe I'll understand why I stayed quiet.

Why I isolated myself. Why I stopped moving.

Why starting again feels so difficult. 

But right now, I don't. Right now, I just know that my head is too full.

And I need somewhere to put the noise.

So maybe this blog becomes that place.


Not a place where I have to sound strong. Not a place where every story needs a lesson at the end.  Not a place where I have to pretend I'm healing beautifully.

Because honestly, if healing is happening, it's happening with bad posture, anxiety, unfinished to-do lists, and approximately fifty emotional tabs open.

But maybe writing one thing down is like closing one tab.

Not solving everything.  Just creating a little more space.

Then another. And another. 

Until one day, maybe the noise isn't so loud.

Maybe one day I can finally hear myself think.

Maybe that's how I survive this black hole.

Not by jumping out of it in one dramatic move.

But by writing down what happened inside it.

Every messy thought. Every ugly feeling. Every question.

Every memory. Every piece of myself I thought I lost.

Maybe if I write enough, I'll eventually find a trail.

A way back. Back to who I was. 

Or maybe to whoever I'm becoming.

I honestly don't know what I'm feeling anymore.

But maybe that's okay.

Maybe I don't have to know tonight.

Tonight, I just need to write.

Because if I keep all of this inside my head, I'm pretty sure my emotional browser is going to crash.

And unfortunately there's no Restore Previous Session button for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment