Sunday, 30 August 2026

Good News. Sort Of.

I have good news.

No, I haven't made my comeback yet. Calm down.

😂

I haven't suddenly landed my dream job overseas, fixed my finances, rebuilt my life, found my soulmate, bought a plane ticket, and become the fabulous woman I keep promising myself I'm going to become.  None of that. 

The good news is much smaller. My headache hurts less.

That's it. That's the announcement. Please hold your applause. 😂

But honestly? I'll take it.

A couple of days ago, my head felt like someone had rented it out to a construction crew without asking for permission.

Today, it's quieter. Not gone. Just less angry.

And strangely, my chest feels a little lighter too.

My shoulders don't feel like they're carrying the entire past year anymore. 

Just maybe half of it. Which, considering the amount of emotional luggage I've been dragging around, is actually quite an achievement.

Maybe it's because I've finally written everything down.

All the messy thoughts. The anger. The sadness.

The confusion. The memories. The questions. 

The ridiculous theories my brain keeps producing at 3 a.m. The things about him.

The things about my marriage. The things about myself. The things I'm afraid of.

The things I don't know how to fix.

I've been carrying all of that inside my head for so long that maybe my brain finally said:

“Oh thank God. Someone is finally taking these files out of here.”😂


Maybe that's why my chest feels lighter. Maybe putting everything into words gave some of those feelings somewhere else to exist.

They don't have to live exclusively inside me anymore. They're on the page now.

And maybe that makes them a little less powerful.

Does that mean I'm healed? Absolutely not.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I still have plenty of emotional debris lying around.

If healing were a house renovation, I'd say I've opened the front door.

That's about it. There are still boxes everywhere. The kitchen is probably a disaster.

And I'm pretty sure something is making a strange noise behind the wall.😂


Maybe I'm half-healed. Is that a thing? I don't know.

Maybe I'm 37% healed. Maybe 42%. Maybe healing doesn't come with a progress bar.

Which is honestly very inconsiderate. I'd like a dashboard.

Emotional Recovery: 43% Financial Recovery: Please stop asking.

Career: Not Started  Romantic Life: System Error Headache: Improving

There. Much easier to understand. 😂


But something has changed. I can feel it. It's small. Almost invisible.

I'm not suddenly happy. I'm not suddenly full of energy.

I'm not waking up tomorrow as a completely transformed woman with perfect hair and a five-year plan.

Unfortunately, my Netflix history suggests I'm still the same person.

But I don't feel quite as heavy. And maybe that's enough for today.


Maybe I don't need to demand a dramatic transformation from myself.

Maybe I don't need to wake up one morning and become a completely different person.

Maybe I just need to become one percent better. Then another one percent.

Then another. Until one day I look back and realize those tiny changes became something bigger.

And that's probably where the next part begins. Because I know I need to start.

Soon. Maybe Monday. 

Yes. Monday.   The most optimistic word in the procrastinator's dictionary. 😂

I'll start Monday.  How many times have I said that? Enough to qualify for a loyalty card.


But this time, I really need to mean it. Not because everything is suddenly fixed.

It isn't. Not because I'm suddenly fearless. I'm not.

But because I don't want to spend another year writing about wanting to change without actually changing anything.

I've spent enough time thinking. Enough time analyzing. Enough time replaying.

Enough time waiting. Now I need to move.  Small steps.

Nothing dramatic. Maybe update one CV. Maybe send one application.

Maybe organize one folder. Maybe find those stupid AI video drafts.

Maybe make one video. Maybe reconnect with one person.

Maybe clean one corner of my life. Then another. That's it.

No grand declaration. No inspirational montage.

No running dramatically toward the sunrise. My knees would probably object anyway. 😂


Just movement. Slow, imperfect movement.

Because maybe that's what I've been missing.  Not motivation. Not some magical sign.

Just movement. And maybe the fact that my head hurts less today is my tiny little sign.

Maybe my body is finally telling me: “You can breathe now.”

Maybe I can. Maybe I haven't healed. Maybe I'm half-healed.

Maybe I'm just finally exhausted enough to stop fighting myself.

I don't know. And for once, I don't think I need to know.


I'm just grateful that today feels a little lighter than a few days ago. That's something.

Small? Yes But real. And sometimes small is all you have.

So here's to Monday. Let's see if I actually show up for myself this time.

Because apparently, after spending an entire year trying to figure out my life, I've finally reached the revolutionary conclusion that the first step is…

actually taking the first step.

Groundbreaking. Someone alert the Nobel committee. 😂


But seriously…

Maybe Monday is enough. Maybe Monday is where I begin.

Not the comeback. Not yet. Just the beginning of the beginning.

And honestly? I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment